Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Funny Experience

Well, not really funny...but I find this experience an amusing one and actually I learned a lesson after it.

It was during my 'single' days when I was still working and traveling a lot in various cities in Visayas and Mindanao. So, it was my first time visiting those cities too. In one of my assignments, I was to go to Bohol to check their Levi's retail stores there. I didn't know anyone in Tagbilaran, Bohol but I remembered that my classmate from high school, who's a med. rep. was assigned there. So, I called him and asked a name of a hotel where I could stay. He mentioned a hotel and with my backpack and Supercat (waterjet) ticket, off I went.

If I'm not mistaken, the name of the hotel was Meridien Hotel. When I landed on the city, I immediately hailed a taxi and confidently told him my destination. The taxi driver had a confused look on his face, asked me again of my destination and also asked me whether I'm staying there. I said, 'Yes' but this time I was already wondering why he's asking me again and again. Then he told me " Sorry ma'am, but that hotel is already closed' TOINK!

Since I didn't have any Plan B at all, I just asked the taxi to take me around the city and look for a place to stay. Finally, he sent me to a small hotel (I already forgot the name) that looks nice from the outside but has some funny noises at night. Oh..oh.. It was difficult to sleep at night.

Lesson learned: Before traveling, must always research first the place or destination you're going. With the internet now, we can get the information we need from the click of the mouse.




1 comment:

ennah d student said...

I experience this in Baguio a long time ago because we did not also research where a hotel to stay and almost all of the hotels are full, we are forced to stay in a creepy apartment.